The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Accounting Clerk opportunity, you will have:
- An Associate's degree in Accounting or Business is highly preferred
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience including broad general accounting exposure (e.g. reconciliations, AP, AR, payroll, etc.)
- Computer Skills including MS Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Proficient understanding of Full Cycle Accounting
- Knowledge of payroll processing; experience with ADP or similar preferred
- Human Resources and benefits experience is a plus
- Experience with and understanding of business workflow
- Experience working in a small business preferred, at the very least you should be open to an atmosphere where you will have a range of responsibilities and wear multiple hats
- An independent self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skills
- A thinking approach to your work to know when to handle an issue and when to alert management
- Able to self-manage and work effectively under a controller located in another office
- Skilled at follow-up and follow-through
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Hands-on and detail oriented.
- Flexible; a degree of creativity and latitude will be required
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, growing company
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Controller in Los Angeles, who also is responsible for Human Resources and Finance, you will work out of our Austin headquarters and be responsible for managing a variety of accounting duties both complex and routine. In the same day, you could work on financial reports or month-end close procedures and simple payroll data entry. You'll also have a dotted line to our founder and CEO, located in Austin.
Working closely with the Controller and CEO, and with assistance from the Customer Service team which creates the AR invoices and supports collections, you will serve as our only dedicated accountant. You'll work across multiple departments, handling a range of responsibilities as needed and assigned. You'll also have the opportunity to leverage your accounting knowledge and judgment to improve accounting processes and procedures and financial reporting.
Your initial responsibilities will include, but, depending on your skills and experience, may not be limited to:
- Month-end close:
- Reconciling bank accounts and corporate credit cards
- Journal entries
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliation reports
- Accounts Payable:
- Overseeing the payables cycle by setting up vendors, entering invoices, responding to vendor inquiries and preparing weekly payments
- Preparing weekly aging and payment reports
- Accounts Receivable:
- Entering and reconciling customer payments
- Building relationships and following up on past due receivables
- Preparing weekly aging reports
- Payroll & benefits:
- Processing and reviewing bi-monthly payroll & benefits
- Timesheet and PTO tracking
- Weekly Sales reports and other reports
- Other duties and special projects as requested by management
More Good ReasonsBuild a Career Home
This is a role where you can thrive and excel today and over the long haul. We're looking for an accountant who wants to build a lasting career with us...someone who has the runway and desire to grow as we grow.
We have a small accounting team meaning you'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats. Our structure is relatively flat, so while you won't move up through a plethora of levels, you will have the opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities over time.
There are plenty of distributors in the display market, but very few offer the engineered solutions we do. We also have strong relationships in Asia that help us deliver top quality at competitive prices and the latest technology. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Our customers are OEMs building diverse applications for use in the Medical, Gaming, Industrial, Automotive, Defense, Instrumentation and Kiosk markets. We have supplied solutions to premier companies including Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Abbott Diabetes, Philips Medical, Siemens and GE Healthcare, among others. The engineers at US Micro Products help to create displays and human interface devices for applications ranging from high-volume consumer electronics to low volume custom projects.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a 401(k) profit sharing, medical, dental and vision insurance, and 15 days of PTO to start.
Video: US Micro Products AMOLED (Active-Matrix OLED) is a thin-film-display technology that contains a layer of organic compounds that light up when hit with an electrical current. They are self-emissive, meaning they don’t need a backlight. AMOLEDs offer high resolution, rich colors, true blacks, wide viewing angles, readability in sunlight and more.
Keys to SuccessWe've already said it, but it's worth repeating, those who thrive here are happy in a small business atmosphere with wide responsibilities and limited hierarchy. If you're looking to rapidly advance your career, or you're for a short-term role to gain some experience, this isn't the role for you. If, however, you're looking for a warm and welcoming atmosphere where you can build strong work relationships and make an impact, we look forward to meeting you.
To excel in the Accounting Clerk role, you'll have a level of business maturity including the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality, demonstrate independent initiative and strong judgment, and set high standards of professionalism for yourself. Your interpersonal and communication skills will be strong in order to effectively interact across departments and with customers and suppliers, and your penchant for workplace politics will be low. Our culture is important to us. We get along well together and it's critical for anyone joining us to do the same.
To learn more about us, please visit usmicroproducts, but be sure to return to this page to submit your resume and provide your information for immediate consideration.
Pictured: an automotive display. Different applications require different display specifications. From tiny sized displays for wearables and instrumentation to 85” 4k displays for casino gaming, we have an extensive selection of products and many years of expertise and knowledge that allows us to provide the best solutions across multiple markets.